SEO Content Factory version 2.4.2 is ready for download. This update includes the following changes:
- Fixes bugs in OPML import and export.
- Adds the ability to delete all empty folders with one click -- see the bottom of the left pane, below the list of folders and feeds.
- Adds the ability to find folders that may have been "orphaned" due to bugs in previous versions (eg. folders that don't appear because their parent folder was deleted) -- see the bottom of the left pane.
- Fixes bugs that may have caused folders to be orphaned.
- Adds a "favicon".
- The installer script was updated to provide more guidance if CaRP and its MySQL plugin don't appear to be installed correctly.
- Fixed an issue that could cause warning messages to be displayed by the cron job when refreshing subscriptions that haven't been edited since certain earlier versions of SEO Content Factory.
SEO Content Factory/WG 2.4.2 includes the following additional changes:
- Adds the ability to prevent users from viewing unflagged items (ie. users who are supposed to be writing based on items that someone else selected and flagged will only be able to see flagged items). By default, all users can view unflagged items. This setting may be changed in the "Group Privileges" control panel.
Finally -- this isn't a change to SEO Content Factory, but using the access control features of SEO Content Factory/WG, I've set up a live demo for people to play around with and get a feel for what it can do. Log in using "demo" for both the username and password.
I've blocked access to the configuration features so that no one can mess up the configuration, folders and subscriptions. You can publish to my Tumblr test blog using the demo, but nobody but me has access to view that blog, so there's not much point spamming it! :-).
How to Upgrade
To upgrade from version 2.4 or 2.4.1, upload the following files, overwriting the old files:
If you have SEO Content Factory/WG, also upload groups.php.
The next time you load SEO Content Factory, you'll be prompted to upgrade your database.