Lobster/SEO Content Factory 2.2.1 Ready for Download
Yes, it's only been one day since SEO Content Factory version 2.2 was released. No, this is not a bug fix release. Big updates like what happened for version 2.2 tend to inspire me to make other improvements. And I wanted to get these out to you quickly -- I think you're going to like them.
Here's what's changed:
- A "select to quote" feature has been added to the blogging plugins (Atom Publishing Protocol, Posterous and Tumblr). If you've selected any text that you want to quote before clicking the icon to open the editing form, that text will be automatically inserted into the <blockquote>, with its HTML formatting intact. This is going to make Blog Riffing even easier and more convenient than it was before.
- The installer and installation instructions have been simplified and improved even more.
- All mention of cron jobs has been removed from the initial installation section (though I still recommend using a cron job).
- The instructions for setting up cron jobs have been improved.
- The correct paths to the files that the cron jobs trigger are displayed in the Lobster configuration panel so that you can easily copy them into cPanel or whatever tool you're using to set up the cron job.
- The current access permissions for the files that the cron jobs trigger are displayed in the Lobster configuration panel so that you can easily verify that you have them set correctly.
- The Full Content and Filter plugins have been updated to ensure that the Full Content plugin is triggered first (if you've configured it to run during polling).
To upgrade from version 2.2, you'll just need to upload the files that have been changed (you'll find a complete list in the README). Upgrading from an earlier version takes a few more simple steps, also outlined in the README.