Lobster (SEO Content Factory) 2.1.2 Ready For Download
Lobster/SEO Content Factory 2.1.2 is ready for download. If you tried to install it before, but couldn't get it working, a bug fix and a few additions to the installation instructions in the README file may help.
Before I describe the changes in this revision, let me update you on what SEO Content Factory has done my blogging. I used to blog an average of two times per month. I wanted to post more often, but coming up with ideas to blog about, and getting them posted was just too cumbersome, so it didn't get done.
Since I started using SEO Content Factory on September 14, I've posted to my White Hat Crew blog every single weekday but one. It does still take some time and effort -- I'm not trying to claim otherwise -- but that never would have happened without SEO Content Factory.
I've also started recording a podcast version of each blog post, which is much easier than expected -- even easier than writing the post.
If you've been wanting to post more often or start podcasting, here's the exact set of tools and process that I use to do it.
Back to the version 2.1.2 update -- changes in this revision are:
- Fixes a bug that could prevent feed items from being loaded if you specified a database table name prefix.
- Fixes a bug that caused the URL where a post was published using the Atom Publishing Protocol or Posterous plugin to be hidden when publishing multiple times from the same feed item without reloading the item.
- The "un-flagged" and "read" icons now appear grayed out rather than invisible, making it easier to click the right place to click them.
- The background color of the headlines was updated to ensure that the grayed-out style icons are visible.
- Instructions were added to the README to help resolve bogus "file not found" errors that some servers displayed when the Lobster folder was password protected.
- Instructions were added to the README to help ensure that CaRP is properly configured when using MySQL caching.
To upgrade from the previous version:
- Go to the download page.
- In the "SEO Content Factory" section, if you see "Lobster (with plugins)", download it. It contains all of the updated files. Otherwise, download "Lobster (no plugins)" from the "SEO Content Factory/Individual Parts" section, and the "Atom Publishing Protocol" and "Posterous" plugins, if you purchased them.
- Upload the following files, overwriting the old files:
- In the lobster folder:
- In the "img" folder:
- In their respective "publishing-plugins" folders:
- In the lobster folder: