More Blog Traffic – of the People, by the People, and for the People24 Comments - by Antone Roundy - Blog Riffers, SEO Content Factory
For the last 3 1/2 months, my White Hat Crew blog's traffic has been about 2.4 times what it was before. And I've got an idea for how we can all do even better.
There's no big secret to it -- all I did was:
- Post 5 times a week.
- Configure my mailing list to send out a message whenever I post.
- Tweet a link to each post on Twitter.
The hardest part was posting 5 times a week -- or at least that used to be hard. I used to average only 2 posts a month. But there's a way to come up with ideas to write about that makes it a whole lot easier.
It's really pretty simple -- all you have to do is grab a quote from somebody else's blog and "riff" on it on your own blog. If you're posting comments on other blogs, you're already half way there. Just post your comments on your own blog instead.
If you grab a quote from the blog that inspired the idea, you'll already have a little starter content for your post. And if you link back to the source blog, you'll probably get a "pingback" link from them to your post. Plus, it's a great way to build relationships with other bloggers as they see you responding to their posts on your blog.
But like I said above, we can do better than 2.4 times the traffic if we work together.
I just created a "system" for doing that (100% free -- and it's so simple it's almost not a "system" at all, but I think you'll agree it's a powerful ... well, "system").
It's called Blog Riffers.
The idea is that we blog the way I described above -- by grabbing quotes from each other's blogs and "riffing" on them. Then, when somebody riffs on something on your blog, you give them a "riffback" by grabbing a quote from their blog and using it to seed a post on yours.
When you find a blogger you really resonate with, you just keep riffing on each other.
It's all 100% voluntary (so if, for example, somebody with a junky blog writes a really lame riff on one of your posts, you're under no obligation to give them a riffback.)
Of the People, by the People, and for the People
You may have a noticed a few things I didn't mention above:
- You don't have to schmooze with A-list or B-list bloggers to try to get them to link to you.
- You don't have to pay some "guru" a monthly membership fee.
- You don't have to buy anything (SEO Content Factory does make it quicker and easier, but it's by no means required).
- You don't even have to sign up to get involved.
So how do you recognize the blogs of other Blog Riffers? Simple -- I've created some badges that you can put on your blog to identify you as a Blog Riffer. I'm using the biggest badge one on my blogs, but there's a small one too, and a few in-between size. Here are my blogs that you'll find the Blog Riffers badge on:
- White Hat Crew (internet marketing)
- Alpha Gecko (all sorts of stuff -- this is my public personal blog, and used to be my business blog too)
- The Missing Link (link building and SEO)
- Click to See More Info (miscellaneous -- not much there yet)
So there it is -- no signup required, no purchase required. Just grab the HTML code for the badge from Blog Riffers.